Yanling Ancient Quarry
Add: at the junction of Yanwo Village and Tianbian Village, Shipai Township of Dongguan
As early as the Ming Dynasty there is a large quarry, the middle red granite (also known as Pink stone) in Dongguan, an important ancient building materials. Yanling quarry at the site, after several hundred years left behind a number of mining pit cliff, forming a variety of exotic landscapes, people, according to its shape, named after the "Fairy Gives Flowers to the Earth", "18 rooms", "Crocodile Tan", "Flying Squirrel Rock ", "The Brother Tun ", "Fish Jumping Dragon" and other famous attractions.
In 1890 (Qing Dynastry), a scholar named Sun Shuang carved four regular script characters on a cliff of Yanling quarry. Each of the character measures 0.1 sq. meters. Next to the four characters writes a poem with 48 smaller characters. These stone carvings are well-preserved.
Yanling quarry has been listed by Guangdong Government as a cultural relic for preservation.